Watch Connectivity and 4G Network Compatibility

In Australia, the primary telecommunications providers – Telstra, Optus, and Vodafone – operate their 4G networks across multiple frequency bands. Approximately 60% of Telstra's cell towers broadcast 4G on Band 28, while the remaining 40% utilize other frequencies such as Bands 3 and 5. Optus has a similar distribution of frequencies, whereas Vodafone predominantly uses Band 3 for its 4G network.

The current version of the MedAlert watch is compatible with 4G Bands 1, 2, 3, 5, 7 and 8, but it does not support Band 28. This limitation may impact connectivity in certain regional areas or suburbs where the 4G signal is primarily broadcast on Band 28. In these locations, there may be challenges in maintaining a consistent 4G connection due to the watch's current band compatibility.

We recognize the importance of comprehensive network coverage for the optimal functionality of the MedAlert watch, especially in ensuring the safety and well-being of our users. Therefore, we are actively collaborating with our manufacturer to develop the next version of the MedAlert watch, which will be equipped to operate on all 4G frequency bands, including Band 28. This enhancement will significantly improve the watch's connectivity across various regions.

In the interim, we are committed to our customers' satisfaction and peace of mind. If you find that the MedAlert watch does not function optimally in your area due to these 4G band limitations, we offer a full refund policy. We understand the critical nature of this device in your daily life, and we strive to ensure that it meets your needs and expectations.

Back to blog

Grab the Industry Leading Personal Alarm